right now

right now

Oct 26, 2010

Forensic Crime Scene?

I just got back from an interesting adventure. I live on a dead end street and left an hour ago to go to the library. When I got to the end of my street to turn on to the main road, I was greeted with the scene of about 10-12 police cars and 2 forensic crime scene units! An extremely rude cop interrogates me about my address and then makes a big deal of verifying it on my license, finally lets me out of my street. Not sure what's going on yet but the news crews were there as I returned a few minutes ago, so I'm sure I'll find out soon. Yikes, I can't wait until hubby retires from the military and we can move somewhere they wouldn't be able to rustle up that many cops in the whole county LOL! I'll keep you updated!

Oh no.... it just started POURING! Not good for a crime scene I wouldn't think...

Never mind... just popped up on my news crawler.... (I'm thinking this might have been a medical emergency type thing since there is no way a body could be on this road undiscovered for longer than about a half a minute)

Man found dead by car on side of road in Va. Beach

13NEWS / WVEC.com

Posted on October 26, 2010 at 10:07 AM

VIRGINIA BEACH – Police say a man was found dead alongside a vehicle that was stopped on the side of the road.

MPO Adam Bernstein says the victim was found around 7:15 a.m. Tuesday by a motorist driving in the 400 block of Oceana Blvd.

Detectives are on the scene and working to determine the circumstances of the man’s death.

The man’s name hasn’t been released.

Share this article:

6 comments:

  1. Eesh. That's not good!
    Hope all is okay!!
    Keep us posted, ok?

    ReplyDelete
  2. poor guy. hopefully it wasn't anything nefarious, but keep your kids close!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gives me the shivers. Now I'm starting to send pleas to the Powers That Be for the military to offer your hubby an early retirement package you can't resist.

    Our big news this morning that called out law enforcement was a tree that fell on a transformer and started a forest fire. No worries though, with all the rain and good responders, it was put out PDQ.

    Be careful and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with Mama Pea - let's put the power of thought together for an early retirement for your hubby. You need to be up with us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm keepin' my fingers crossed for a natural death (got out of the car to . . . and had a heart attack?) vs. a killing. If it *IS* a murder, ummmmmmmm???!! I'm assuming it's not common where you are, right? Otherwise you wouldn't BE there!

    ReplyDelete