right now

right now

Jul 7, 2010

this just in...

Squadron Photo, USS Truman, somewhere in the Persian Gulf...

Sailor/Farmer/Husband is the 1st white shirt on the left, back row - nope, make that the 2nd guy from the left, back row... I am seeing a guy in white standing to the far left, that's not him LOL
I hope you are able to enlarge it, I am at the whim of whatever file size the ship sends me!

They are lookin' pretty cool considering 3 digit temps working in full gear on a steel deck, dontcha think?!

7 comments:

  1. VERY NICE! Gives you a tingle doesn't it! They all look so sharp.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! How did you ever find your man in all those? I agree, they certainly do look sharp. My hubby was on submarines (20+ years ago), so we never got pics like that. In fact, we couldn't even talk until the guys got into port. But with the internet, imagine times have changed. Boy do I ever feel old right now!

    When does hubby return from deployment?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lorie, my dad was on submarines also! Yes, things are very different now, regular mail is almost unheard of now! Hubby is even on facebook, LOL! No phone calls, though, occasionally he will call or Skype from a port but the quality is so poor I would almost prefer not to do it, but the kids love to get Skype calls. He should be back early 2011! It was easier to find him because I already knew he was a "white jersey", which means he is a Safety Checker. Plus, on my computer I was able to magnify it to the point of distortion to find him LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. For a second there, I thought the people dressed in brown on the far left were monks. hahaha...I was like, "what are all of those monks doing on a military ship?" LOL!

    Boy, they sure know how to form proper lines/rows.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sigh...so love a man in uniform. Must be why I married one. Long time ago, though. Don't think the uniform would fit anymore...

    ReplyDelete