right now

right now

May 8, 2010

kinderGARDENS Week 4 Update

kinderGARDENS

It's been almost a week since the kids planted their seeds for the Green Roof, and we have liftoff! The speedy germination is thanks to the fact that most of what they planted are pumpkins & gourds, the few other flowering and climbing plants I expect will be germinating over the next week.

Above: Moonflower, random pumpkin/gourd?

I did have them sprinkle some straw in the planter box since it is high up in the air in the full, hot sun. I do think it helped keep the seeds moist for good germination.

Next week hopefully some will be large enough to grab on to the trellis and start climbing the roof!

Visit The Inadvertent Farmer here and scroll to the bottom to view other participant's progress on their kinderGarden projects as well as read a great post by a guest author for Week 4.

Happy Mother's Day to all my gardening mama's!



2 comments:

  1. This is going to be so cool Erin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Mother's Day! I hope you have a fun day with your boys.

    Moon flower? I'll have to google it.

    ReplyDelete