right now

right now

Mar 3, 2010

Again? .... and a proud moment for our city!

I heard the wind howling all night and fell asleep to sleet, but then woke up to snow, yet again! I posted on my Facebook page yesterday that I was sick of the cold winter we were having and my brother replied "You should move back to Minnesota where the winters are milder".... I got a good laugh from that one!


The good news? Even though it was coming down fast and thick at 6:00 am, there was no call from the school and no closing on the news! It appears the City of Virginia Beach has accepted their fate in the climate change and are just going to roll with it now... I am very, very proud of them!

More good news - the forecast for next week shows temps in the 60's... you know where I'll be this weekend - in bed! The outside beds, that is! Now I'm off to rearrange and repot seedlings, hope to update on that finally later today.

7 comments:

  1. Do you know that you've had more snow this winter than we have here in NE Minnesota?! (What's wrong with this picture?) To heck with you moving back to Minnesota . . . we're moving to Virginia so we can experience a real winter again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The snow we got yesterday was really yucky wet and not those big huge awesome flakes. It may have been a nuiscence, but it sure is pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Time to get your gardening on girl! WOO-HOO!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW Erin! Those flakes were enormous! Made hubby and the kids gather 'round the computer and we watched that video about 3 times in a row - LOL. Just amazing! They just said on our news that we've had the coldest winter in 30 years.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm still waiting for us to dry out. At the moment, I'm of the belief that we're in store for a muddy spring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's been a crazy winter, even for us Florida people. I'll be glad when it's done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's the kind of bed you really want to roll around in! Sorry about the repeat snow. My in laws are out here escaping their snow.

    ReplyDelete